Our Church School
Cultivate - Inspire - Flourish
In our distinctly rural setting, we prepare all of our school family for fruitful lives by cultivating the soil ready to inspire growth. Ultimately, leading to a successful harvest of flourishing individuals.
Our vision takes inspiration from the Parable of the Sower (Matthew 13:1-23) where Jesus helps us learn that the smallest seeds have inspirations for great potential and growth when they are given a rich and nourishing environment to thrive in. We celebrate everyone's uniqueness and enjoy blossoming together in our joyful, respectful and compassionate school community.
Our School Creed
Here in our school family,
We inspire opportunities to compassionately lead
happy, healthy and fruitful lives.
God's good soil cultivates our
Rich, joyful experiences as we
Open our gate to possibilities in our community.
We work together with respect to plant the seeds of knowledge
Our School Aims
We aim to shape the whole child through the four Church Of England principles for education:
- Educating for wisdom, knowledge and skills
- Educating for hope and inspiration
- Educating for community and living well together
- Educating for dignity and respect.
Our Christian Values
"Treat others as you would like them to treat you," Luke 6:31
- In our school family, we respect the uniqueness of ourselves and of others.
- In our school family, we respect all aspects of God's creation.
"Live in harmony with each other," Romans 12:16
- Our school family is part of the community and the community is part of us.
- In our school family, we watch over one another in love, doing all the good we can.
"May God of hope fill you with joy," Romans 15:12
- In our school family, we celebrate, laugh, rejoice and play together.
- In our school family, we enjoy life in all its fullness.
"Build each other up," 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- In our school family, we support, nurture and value one another.
- In our school family, we care deeply for all of God's children.
Within our small, rural community we celebrate our strong Christian ethos. We cultivate and develop the soil for each individual to enjoy life in its fullness. Our rich, abundant and inspiring learning journey ensures everyone can flourish in our family and in the wider world.
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experiences it offers to all pupils. We have strong links with All Saint's church with regular services throughout the year. We have whole school collective worships led by NISCU and Rev. Mark Houston. We run a Rainbow Club once a month with activities based on Bible stories which is open to all children in the communtiy. Bi-annually we invite a local presenter in to lead the 'OT Mini' series as part of our R.E teaching.